Are you looking to install a VRF or VRV air-conditioning system for your office or industrial premises? Before you start searching for the best brand for your air-conditioning, it is important that you aware of the pros and cons of both systems. Also, it is helpful that you understand the difference between VRF and VRV system before learning more about the air-conditioner system, which could be seen in our previous post.
Regular maintenance in VRV and VRF aircon system is also required to ensure optimal level of performance. In the VRF and VRV air-conditioner system, you could install and connect various air-conditioning units using the same system. This attracts many to find out more about the air-conditioning unit. The installation cost initially would be less costly as compared to the usual air-conditioner system, keeping the cooling performance constant. Thus, this will result in the installation of the additional air-conditioning units to be carried out with ease.
With this cooling system, it is equipped with control features where users can control each individual air-conditioner unit. When compared to central air-conditioner, where it is harder to implement such a control system. With the additional parts and components that focus on the efficiency, the VRV and VRF system are able to operate efficiently with the same cooling performance. Also, the air-conditioning system is able to operate differently according to the desired cooling comfort as well as the surrounding temperature. This will ensure that the energy efficiency would be maximised during the operation.
If you would like to find out more about the advantages and disadvantages of VRF and VRV air-conditioning, continue reading.
Advantages of VRF and VRV Air Conditioning System
As we mentioned some of the benefits of the VRV and VRF air-conditioner system, there are actually many other benefits besides the ones above.
1. The VRV Daikin air-conditioning system and VRF system are viewed as one of the innovative development in the air-conditioning industry. Aside from the features and components, its energy efficiency is also one of the factors which performed better than other units.
2. For users who focus a lot on the aesthetics of the building or home, it may be suitable as the units need not be installed on the wall which could affect the design of the house, as compared to the common multi-split units.
3. In certain air-conditioning units, it is equipped with the air purification where it will result in better air quality in your room or office.
4. With one VRV or VRF air-conditioning unit, you are able to allocate various units to your house or office. This is beneficial where it reduces the amount of space required for the installation. Also, the cost of installation would be affordable together with the great cooling performance and efficiency.
5. As compared to the split air-conditioning system, VRF and VRV air-conditioning requires less electrical wires, making it simpler during installation and prevent additional cost.
6. The VRV and VRF Mitsubishi aircon system is equivalent to the commercial grade air-conditioning system. This is able to meet your air-conditioning needs for various projects from offices to commercial building.
7. It is normally a quiet air-conditioning system as compared to the other commercial type of air-conditioning system. In addition, since the VRV and VRF units requires longer pipes due to the location and area required, it is often far away from your air-conditioning units or room. Thus, the noise of your VRV or VRF units would significantly reduce due to the distance. Furthermore, it is noticed that the noise coming out of the system tends to be lower as compared the split air-conditioning system.
8. The installation is less sophisticated as compared to the traditional cooling system where combustion, and other work are not mandatory in this air-conditioner.
9. The design of the VRV and VRF system is able to support the system and it does not require the wall-mounted grille as compared to other units.
10. With the new innovation in the development of air-conditioners, the use of refrigerant in the VRF or VRV air-conditioner are viewed to be environmentally friendly as compared to other types.
As discussed earlier, there are many benefits of installing the VRF or VRF air-conditioning system, including greater energy efficiency, modular design to expand the cooling needs if required, less complicated installation, zone control, better cooling comfort and many more. However, when there are pros, there will be cons as well.
Disadvantages of VRF and VRV Air Conditioning System
1. The application of the air-conditioner system may not best-suit environment such as medical buildings or lab.
2. As mentioned above, the VRF Mitsubishi Electric air-conditioning system or VRV Daikin cooling system would adjust its operations depending on the surrounding temperature. This could pose an issue and may not be suitable for units where it require high surrounding temperature. This might affect the operations of the units.
3. For VRF air-conditioning system, various air-conditioning pipes and joints have to be layout and installed before setting up the air-conditioning units in operation. It is important where the installation and various works are carried out professionally to ensure good operation on the VRV or VRF cooling system for an extended stretch of time. One small mistake during the installation could be hard to track due to the extensive work during the installation process.
4. Due to the complication during the installation, it could pose certain challenge in the event where leaks occur.
5. The VRF or VRV system with its innovative solution result in higher cost than the common split air-conditioning system.
After understanding the advantages and disadvantages of the VRF and VRV air-conditioning system, it will surely help you in your decision of the best type of air-conditioner for your home or office in Singapore. Remember that there are many different types of air-conditioner units available in the market and it could be challenging to choose on that best suits your needs. You could easily get advice from the air-conditioner experts in Singapore on your cooling needs depending on your requirements.
At Wei Wei Air-Con Engineering Pte Ltd, we are able to provide a wide range of services including aircon maintenance, servicing, repair, chemical wash, and installation for various premises including offices in Singapore. We have a team of well-trained and experienced staff that are able to cater to your air-conditioning needs in Singapore. You can call us at +65 6567 7698 or email u as [email protected]. Our operating hours are from Monday to Sunday (9am to 6pm). You can send us your requirements through our contact form and we will get in touch with you.